Wednesday, June 19, 2013

First customer quilt off of Lenni




Today Lenni and I finished our first customer quilt together.  Now I've quilted hundreds of customer quilts, but never on this new machine. It was bliss.  There were no tension issues, the stitches looked great, and everything just sort of went together.  The quilt was made by Nadine from Dyersburg. It is a variation of an Irish chain. She used lovely shades of teal and brown.  The backing fabric is teal with brown polka dots. How cute is that.  She provided the batting, Polyfil high loft polyester.  I chose Superior Highlights #309 thread. It matched the backing fabric perfectly.  I quilted the entire top with terry twists, and did a piano key border treatment.  The finished quilt measures 90 x 90.  I couldn't fit the whole thing into a picture, but here are a few.


No comments:

Post a Comment