Sunday, February 8, 2015

A group effort and a reminder to get your mammogram

As I mentioned some time ago, I have joined several online quilt groups since there are no quilt guilds nearby.    One of the members of one of the quilt groups recently posted that her boss has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  It's a horrible thing, and I think many of us know at least one person who has been affected by it.

Plans were quickly made to create a comfort quilt for this sweet lady, and everybody got busy stitching.  Within two weeks the blocks were made, mailed to an assembly person who added sashing and borders, and the top was sent back to me for a quick quilting job. 

This is the final result. I used the Cosmos board from Circle Lord and quilted on my APQS Lenni .   For batting I used one layer of washable wool and one layer of Warm and Natural.  The top thread is a pale pink and the bottom thread is lavender.



This is the block I made. It is called Rays of Hope.  Here is a link to the paper pieced pattern.


I really hope this little quilt gives the lady some comfort as she recovers from surgery and begins her radiation and chemotherapy treatments.  
Lastly,  here are a couple of funny things to think about as you call to schedule that test.
                                      know the drill.. But just in case... Play nice at all times BUT ...


No comments:

Post a Comment