Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow days- sew days

It snowed here on Sunday night- well, sleeted and then snowed- so we have been out of school this week.  I have used the time to finish some quilting, design a new pattern, and work on plans to build my business.  My Facebook account has over 1000 likes now.  I have picked up two new customers and had several inquiries. I just ordered 10 bolts of fabrics from Marshall Dry Goods and tons of yardage from Hancocks of Paducah.  I plan to put together some kits and offer those for sale, in addition to my quilting services and memory quilts.  I have asked and had some input about what people want in kits.  So far I've been told there is a need for first time quilts, baby quilts, bed quilts in blues, greens, and butter yellows, and quilts with a masculine feel. I hope to get all of those available in the next few months.  Be watching here and on Facebook for details as those come available.

Here are some pictures of the things I have quilted the last two days.

This table topper is from a pattern by Amanda Murphy Designs.  She even emailed me the embroidery files when I asked for them.  I tried to quilt it just like she did on the sample ones.  My favorite part is the curved crosshatch.  This was made for a Easter Table runner swap I signed up for. I wonder what I will get.

I took this picture before I added the teal blue binding.  My first attempt at scalloped binding. It was tough.
This little quilt was made by a brand new quilter, and my newest customer.   She did a very nice job on this.  I used Warm and Natural batting and pink thread on top and bottom. The pattern is from the Twirling Flowers pantograph by Lorien.  I had to modify it a little bit so I could go around her appliques. 
A new customer- her first quilt. Didn't she do a nice job?

Here is the back of her little quilt.

This is the view down our driveway today.  There's more snow expected tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment